You are here : 4 Days Zat and Ourika valley
Day 1 : Marrakech - Tighdouine :
Departure from Marrakech after lunch to take the road to the Zat valley (road to Ouarzazate), You arrive at Ait Ourir then you walk along the river Zat, arriving in the late afternoon in the village of Tighedouine.
Overnight at the lodge where we find the mule team, and then you can have a short walk this afternnon in Tighedouine valley for 1or 2hrs. The journey will take 2hrs .
Day 2 : Tighdouine - village Azgour :
Preparations and start walking along the track along the river Zat, We walk to the village of Azgour (1350 m), overnight at the camp.
Day 3 : Azgour - Tizi n'Rhellis :
We leave Azgour (1350 m) and Wadi Zat the deep valley with a steep path to the village of Ouarzast, beautiful village. This is the beginning of the plateau of Yagour, vast plateau pastures, the trail passes near Talat does Isk, the "valley of the horn" and leads to vast Aazib not Ikkis, 2200 m altitude. We can observe many rock carvings around azibs (sheep).
We spend the sheep along the trail to the west side, to a large sloping saddle where we discover the Tizi n'Rhellis: You can advance to the promontory overlooking the gorge.
Very nice view and rock carvings everywhere, then the trail descends gently, passes near the sheep-Aazib not Ouagouns back and gently sloping near the right bank of the river to Tizi n'Rhellis (2300 m) overnight at the camp. Approx 6hrs
Day 4 : Tizi n'Rhellis - Setti Fatma :
Day downhill: we pass Tizi n'Rhellis and down on the other side until Azib Amdouz (2200 m) on the right bank. Then, below the sheep, the trail crosses the side of the river opposite the village of Anammer in the Ourika Valley. Splendid panorama overlooking the terraced fields of the villages, then pan collar is passed over the ridge and down to the village of Ouigrène.
Winding down to the river which is crossed, continue on the left bank to the Ourika where we find the tar Imi n'Taddert (1300 m). From Setti Fatma our private transport will pick you to Marrakech, Overnight at hotel/raid of your choice.
Approx 6hrs walk
Travel Details :
- Best time: April to November .
- Departs from: Marrakech: 09:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs .
- Departure times: Varied .
- Driving time: 4hrs .
- Starts & ends in Marrakech .
- Duration : 3days / 2nights .
- Type: Trekking .
- Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €279 4 adults: €229, please contact us for group discount pricing .
- Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber .
- Grade: Moderate .
- Trip Level: 2300m .
- Child Age Till 12= 50% Discount .
- Solo Travelers: On request .
What you bring the following items :
- Hiking boots .
- Trainers / sneakers (for use in the hut) .
- Socks .
- Underwear .
- Trekking trousers/pants .
- Long johns (thermal underwear) .
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts .
- Fleece jacket .
- Warm jacket (down) .
- Sunhat or cap .
- Fleece hat .
- Eyewear – Sunglasses .
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details .
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+ .
- Warm Inner ‘thermal’ gloves or mittens .
- Waterproof over-mittens .
- Wash bag and toiletries .
- Small travel towel .
- Antibacterial hand wash .
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries .
Included in the price of the package :
- Fully escorted by local mountain guide .
- Transfers to / from Atlas Mountains.
- Sgites, family’s homes , camps .
- Muleteer and cook .
- All meals for 3 nights / 4days in Berber valleys/villages .
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner .
Excluded in the price of package :
- International Flight .
- Travel insurance .
- Tips .
- Drinks and items of a personal nature .
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trek from 25 EUR p/p/ twin/35 EUR single in Marrakech .
Please, use the following form to contact us about any information you May need. If you didn't get our reply within 12 hours please use our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org