You are here : 5 days Dades Trek
Day 1 : Marrakech - Ait benhaddou - Dades Gorge :
Pick up you in Riad/Hotel towards Ouarzazate, through the Tizi- N-Tichka pass (2260m) in the High Atlas Mountains. you will enjoy a beautiful landscapes with different colors’ and the Berber villages along the way between Marrakech and Ouarzazate, the doorway to the Sahara desert.
You will visit the UNESCO world heritage site Ait Benhaddou. Kasbah is one of many locations served as a natural decoration for many movies which were shot in the area such as “Lawrence of Arabia and Jesus of Nazareth” Take a walk and cross the dried river to discover Enesco Heritage Ait benhaddou and dominate the Kasbahs once you get to the top of the hill.
Afterwards, you will head directly to Ouarzazate, You will Continue to Skoura palm grove, then Valley of the Roses the centre of Moroccan roses and rose products. Continue via the strange rock creation of Tamnalt Hills to Dades gorge, carved over centuries by the Dades River.
Overnight right in the Dades valley lined by the red and mauve rock overnight in heart of dades valley.
7hrs of journey
Day 2 : Dades Valley to Rose Valley & Mountain Trek (Ait Youl 1606m- Timtda) (7 hrs walk) :
Today you'll meet with the muleteer team then start the trek and straight away in the Tamassint plataeux at 1884m) will enjoy spectacular views of this delightful valley as you walk towards the small village of Ait M'Rao 1800m. Have lunch then continue to cross the Mgoun valley, after the valley you'll be passing through Isoummar village, then will look out of improvised shelters made by Berber shepherds who tend their flocks in the pastures.
Overnight in Gite at Timtda 2260m).
Day 3 : Timtda - Alamdoune (6 hrs walk) :
After breakfast you'll leave the gite and will have the fun task of crossing the river. It will be a unique opportunity to refresh yourselves for the rest of the day. The landscape becomes filled with imposing high ridges and summits along the route and in the afternoon you will be surprised by the lush green vegetation that surrounds the village of Alamdoune1734m).Overnight in Gite.
Day 4 : Alamdoune - Boutaghrar (7 hrs walk) :
On your last trekking day, you'll enjoy traversing another wonderful gorge and Berber villages. Further along, the valley flattens out and you will see settlements along the riverbanks where the Berbers are able to cultivate the land.
The next challenge will be reaching the other side of the river! A successful crossing means you have reached the village of Boutaghrar1600m),Overnight in gite .
Day 5 : End Trek / Go to Marrakech :
Today, you'll leave Boutaghrar and head to Marrakech or do the desert trip, please find the itinerary trough our website desert trip? It will be a honest option after your trek, it will be an extra
Travel Details :
- Best time: All year round .
- Departs from: Marrakech: 08:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs .
- Departure times: Varied .
- Driving time: 14hrs .
- Starts & ends in Marrakech .
- Duration : 5days / 4nights .
- Type: Climb .
- Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €439 4 adults: €389, please contact us for group discount pricing .
- Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber .
- Grade: Moderate .
- Trip Level: 2260m .
- Child Age Till 12= 50% Discount .
- Solo Travelers: On request .
What you bring the following items :
- Hiking boots .
- Trainers / sneakers (for use in the hut) .
- Socks .
- Underwear .
- Trekking trousers/pants .
- Long johns (thermal underwear) .
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts .
- Fleece jacket .
- Warm jacket (down) .
- Sunhat or cap .
- Fleece hat .
- Eyewear – Sunglasses .
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details .
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+ .
- Warm Inner ‘thermal’ gloves or mittens .
- Waterproof over-mittens .
- Wash bag and toiletries .
- Small travel towel .
- Antibacterial hand wash .
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries .
Included in the price of the package :
- Fully escorted by local mountain guide .
- Transfers to / from Bougmez valley .
- Sgites, family’s homes , camps.
- Muleteer and cook .
- All meals for 3 nights/4days in Berber valleys/villages .
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner .
Excluded in the price of package :
- International Flight .
- Travel insurance .
- Tips .
- Drinks and items of a personal nature .
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trek from 25 EUR p/p/ twin/35 EUR single in Marrakech .
Please, use the following form to contact us about any information you May need. If you didn't get our reply within 12 hours please use our email address: email@example.com