You are here : 6 Days Amizmiz to Ouirgane Hike
Day 1 : Marrakech to Ait Zitoun Berber guest house :
In This morning the guide and transport they will pick you up from your Hotel/Raid then you will drive south Este from Marrakech you pass through Lala Takrkoust Dam (barrage) then Tachbibt village before Amizmiz, from here you will set up the hike for 3hrs having lunch by the Nffis valley, and then continue to Ait Zitoun (1020m),overnight at Berber village guest house. You will having diner at the guest house, Approx 3hrs walk .
Day 2 : Marrakech - Ait Zitoun - Ait Tirghit :
After breakfast we leave about 9am, we walk the way up to reach the high forest camp in the hamlet of Ait Tirghit. We will meet with our muleteer team at the small village of Ait Zitoun (1020m) and have a cup of meant tea at one of the Berber family’s home, and then start the walk out of Ait Zitoun Village, follow the mule track into the forest before taking a dog-leg over the rolling hills to Tafgakht, stop for lunch near the spring. Continue along a Vehicle track which traverses the ridge line before descending into Ait Tirghit (1380m).walking time: approx 4 to 5 hrs .
Day 3 : Ait Tirghit - Ouchfiline :
After breakfast we walk up through the forest and pass of tizi ouzla with good wiews of Ouirgane villages stop for picnic lunch in l’azib Marigha wear we can visit the traditional salt mine, after lunch continue to Ouirgane(900m) overnight in the hotel or camp or option back to Marrakech. 4/5hrs walk . Approx 5 to 6hrs walk .
Day 4 : Ouchfiline - Ouirgane (Wirgane) :
From your campsite follow the trail up over the mountain via the Ouirgane (Wirgane) dam, keeping the river to your left.
Your campsite for tonight is located in a wooded area near the road. The camp has Access to a small spring, Approx 4hrs
Day 5 : Aouirgane - Tassa Ouirgane :
From your campsite the trail today will take you into a much drier dessert like habitat as you head closer to the high mountains. Your campsite is set back from the road on a small piece Of high ground, There is a option to do a tea or cookery lesson at Dar Tassa in Tassa Ouirgane village at (1200m), speak to your guide if this is something you would like to do (this activity is at your own Expense). You will spend the night at a Berber guest house or families home, Approx 4-5hrs .
Day 6 : Tassa Ouirgane – Imarighen – Amassin :
This morning after breakfast, we leave Tassa ouirgane village and then cross the small hells to Imarighen by the (Toubkal National Park Takhrkhourt), having lunch at one berber family’s home, after lunch we continue the walk through the forest full of junipers and pine trees.
Following, you will continue to the beguest berber traditional salt mine in Amasin, where the local people still mining.
Here we will see good by to our muleteer team and takes the journey one hr and half to get back to Marrakech for exploring the Souks by the evening . The total walking time will be five hrs .
Travel Details :
- Best Season: September -May .
- Departs from: Marrakech: 09:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs .
- Departure times: Varied .
- Driving time: 3hrs .
- Starts & ends in: Marrakech .
- Duration: 6days/5nights .
- Type: Trekking .
- Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €359 4 adults: €329, please contact us for group discount pricing .
- Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber .
- Grade: Moderate .
- Trip Level:1200 m .
- Child Age Till 12= 50%Discount .
- Solo Travelers: On request .
What you bring the following items :
- Hiking boots .
- Trainers / sneakers (for use in the hut) .
- Socks .
- Underwear .
- Trekking trousers/pants .
- Long johns (thermal underwear) .
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts .
- Fleece jacket .
- Warm jacket (down) .
- Sunhat or cap .
- Fleece hat .
- Eyewear – Sunglasses .
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details .
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+ .
- Warm Inner ‘thermal’ gloves or mittens .
- Waterproof over-mittens .
- Wash bag and toiletries .
- Small travel towel .
- Antibacterial wash hand .
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries .
Included in the price of the package :
- Fully escorted by local mountain guide .
- Transfers to / from High Atlas .
- Gites, family’s homes; Camps .
- Muleteer and cook .
- All meals for 5 nights/6days in Berber valleys/villages .
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner .
Excluded in the price of package :
- International Flight .
- Travel insurance .
- Tips .
- Drinks and items of a personal nature .
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trek from 35 EUR p/p/ twin/45 EUR single in Marrakech .
Please, use the following form to contact us about any information you May need. If you didn't get our reply within 12 hours please use our email address: email@example.com