You are here : 7 Days Jbel Saghro
7 Days Jbel Saghro :
Jebel Saghro marks the beginning of the Sahara desert. It lies between the High Atlas Mountains and the edge of the Sahara Desert. It is an extinct volcano situated to the south of the Atlas Mountains and Dades Gorge.
Jutting up out of a region full of much eroded sedimentary plateaus, Sarho is framed by small isolated farms. Its inhabitants, the Ait Atta, move from season to season between the Sarho region and the Atlas Mountains to seek food for their animal herds.
The best times of year to visit Jbel Sarho is in the spring and fall, in the summer it gets scorching hot and there is no water to be found anywhere.
In the spring there is the chance that you may find water trickling down from the melting snow in the High Atlas Mountains.
Day 1 : Marrakech - Tichka Pass Tagudilt village :
After eating breakfast in the hotel in Marrakech we will take transportation over the Tichka Pass on the other side of the High Atlas Mountains.
We will pass through lots of Berber villages on the side of the road in the High Atlas. We will pass through the high desert cities of Ouarzazate, Skoura; Klaa El Mgouna where we will stop for lunch. From there we will head through the small city of Boumalne Dades and continue on to Tagudilt village where we will stop to spend the night in the Berber guesthouse and where we will meet our mule team. Approx 9 hrs of journey
Day 2 : Tagudilt - Almou Nourg :
After breakfast we will start our walk on the plateau and then we will start to climb up to Azarzim Pass and have our lunch just before we reach the pass. Then we will go over the pass until we reach the shepards home of Azib Almou N'Ouarg where we .
Day 3 : Almou Nourg - Igli :
From here we will make our push up to the summit of Jbel Sarho (2,592m/8,504ft) which is named Kouaouch. We will relax for a bit at the top to bask in our accomplishment with a snack and take a few pictures of the breathtaking scenery.
As we descend from the summit we will stop for lunch in Tassigdelt. Then we will continue on to the village of Igli where we will spend the night camping near the nomadic people among almond orchards. Approx 7.5 hrs of hiking
Day 4 : Igli - Bab N'Ali :
after eating breakfast in the tiny village of Igli we will walk through a small gorge next to the Afourer River. We will continue down the valley to a scenic place with rock pinnacles called Bab N'Ali where we will have lunch.
A little ways further we will see a waterfall and then come back to Bab N' Ali where we will camp for the night. Approx 6 hrs of hiking
Day 5 : Bab N'ail - Assif Nirrazzoun :
From Bab N' Ali we will follow the river down the valley until we reach Irrezzoun N' Imlas where we will stop for a picnic lunch.
After lunch we will continue on for a little bit on Asif N' Irrrezzoun where there are some farms and almond and fig orchards and palm trees and where we will camp for the night. Approx 5 hrs of hiking
Day 6 : Assif nirrazzoun - Handour village :
After eating breakfast at Asif N' Irrezzoun we will pass through some small Berber villages until we reach the village of Handour where we will have lunch and spend the night in the Berber guesthouse.
You will be able to relax here: take a shower, and wash your clothes, and walk around this pretty and old village. Approx 4 hrs of hiking .
Day 7 : Handour - Marrakech :
from Handour we will take transport back towards Marrakech. We will have lunch in Ouarzazate and stop by the Kasbah Taourirt to visit. Then we will get back on the road and arrive in Marrakech after passing over the Tichka Pass (2,660m). Approx 8 hrs of travel .
Travel Details :
- Best time: October to June .
- Departs from: Marrakech: 07:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs .
- Departure times: Varied .
- Driving time: 16hrs .
- Starts & ends in Marrakech .
- Duration : 7days / 6nights .
- Type: Trekking .
- Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €539 4 adults: €489, please contact us for group discount pricing .
- Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber .
- Grade: Moderate .
- Trip Level: 2592m .
- Child Age Till 12= 50% Discount .
- Solo Travelers: On request .
What you bring the following items :
- Fleece hat .
- Eyewear – Sunglasses .
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details.
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+ .
- Warm Inner ‘thermal’ gloves or mittens .
- Waterproof over-mittens .
- Wash bag and toiletries .
- Small travel towel .
- Antibacterial hand wash .
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries - Hiking boots .
- Trainers / sneakers (for use in the hut).
- Underwear .
- Trekking trousers/pants .
- Long johns (thermal underwear) .
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts .
- Fleece jacket .
- Warm jacket (down) .
- Sunhat or cap .
Included in the price of the package :
- Fully escorted by local mountain guide .
- Transfers to / from Jbel Saghro.
- Sgites, family’s homes , camps .
- Muleteer and cook .
- All meals for 6 nights/7 days in Berber valleys/villages .
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner .
Excluded in the price of package :
- International Flight .
- Travel insurance .
- Tips .
- Drinks and items of a personal nature .
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trek from 25 EUR p/p/ twin/35 EUR single in Marrakech .
Please, use the following form to contact us about any information you May need. If you didn't get our reply within 12 hours please use our email address: email@example.com