You are here : 8 Days Atlas Mountain trek
Day 1 : Marrakech - Imi Oughlad :
After breakfast we transfer by minibus or 4x4 to Imi Oughlad, a journey that Takes us from the plains around Marrakech into the heart of the High Atlas range. After meeting our mules and muleteers team, we start a 5 hour walk,
trek up to the Tacht Pass (2000m) and then descending into the Azaden Valley, having lunch in Imi Nifri, after lunch we contunie the walk to Tizi Oussem a very traditional village, overnight in nice panoramic berber guest house and good views of the Azzaden, Approx 5hrs walk .
Day 2 : Walk to Tazaghart Lepiney Refuge :
From Tizi Oussem we walking through the valley of Azzaden on the northern slope of Mt Toubkal. This famous mountain can be seen from Marrakech thanks to its unique shape. We travel through Azib Tamsoult and the Irhouliden cascade waterfalls,
having picnic lunch above the waterfalls with a nice fresh air, after lunch we contunie the walk up to Lepiney, witch is having a amazing view of all the Azzaden valley and Ouirgane, also from her we can see the light of Marrakech City at the night time. Approx 5 hrs walking
Day 3 : Tazaghart - Toubkal Base Camp:
Today we cross the Aguelzim pass (3550m) where we can enjoy Panoramic views of the Toubkal Massif. We then descend to Toubkal Base Camp and we can either enjoy a 2 hour optional climb to the Summit of Ouanoums (3650m) or simply relax at our base for the Night.
The busy Neltner refuge, which sits at an altitude of 3207m, was constructed by Club Alpin Francais in 2000. We camp outside the refuge so we can benefit from the atmosphere and views of Surrounding 4000m peaks. Approx 5 hrs walking .
Day 4 : Ascend Mt Toubkal :
We make an early start for the ascent of Toubkal, climbing steeply through scree before traversing the southern ridge to reach the summit at 4167m.
After enjoying the magnificent panoramic views, we descend back to Base Camp. Approx 6 Hrs walking
Day 5 : Mt Ouanakrim :
We have an exciting opportunity this morning to ascend another of Morocco's 4068m peaks - Mt Ouanakrim. Depending on weather, our Berber local guide will decide if this walk is achievable. We then leave base camp to walk to the village of Aremd (1950m).
If there is time, we will spend the afternoon exploring the village and spend the Night at a mountain Berber Lodge, 4 hrs walking .
Day 6 : Armed - Marrakech :
The 45munite short walk down to Imlil is followed by the drive back towards Marrakech, where we have the afternoon and early evening to Explore this wonderful read city - perhaps for some serious bargaining for Souvenirs, Djemaa el Fna, the open-air market place around which The traditional life of Marrakech revolves, has always been an exciting Place to visit.
The name literally means 'place of death' as it was the Place where the Sultans used to display the heads of their enemies. Now, with the food-stalls, snake-charmers, water-sellers, travelling Musicians and acrobats, the square is a place of entertainment for Both Moroccan and visitors,Overnight accommodation in Raid/Hotel in the Medina .
Day 7 : Tachddirt - Imlil – Marrakech :
After breakfast you descent to about 3hrs to Imlil, some repacking and then you continue the journey towards Marrakech,You visit the Hammam after the hard experience activities, Hammam & Massage, it’s the best option after any adventure trip, and some light city orienteering in medina, the old inner town.
You’ll eat a wonderful dinner that evening, and overnight in Raid/Hotel, Approx 3hrs and 2hrs of journey. .
Day 8 : Departure :
You take the transfer to the airport.
And please when you fly home don’t forget to tell your friends in the world about our morocco trip .
Travel Details :
- Best time: All year round .
- Departs from: Marrakech: 09:00am. Start time can be modified to suit your needs .
- Departure times: Varied .
- Driving time: 3hrs .
- Starts & ends in: Marrakech .
- Duration: 6days/5nights .
- Type: Climb .
- Cost per Adult: 2 adults: €419 4 adults: €369, please contact us for group discount pricing .
- Guides Speaking: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Berber .
- Grade: Moderate .
- Trip Level: 4167m .
- Child Age Till 12= 50%Discount .
- Solo Travelers: On request .
What you bring the following items :
- Hiking boots .
- Trainers / sneakers (for use in the hut) .
- Socks .
- Underwear .
- Trekking trousers/pants .
- Long johns (thermal underwear) .
- Base layer shirts or T-shirts .
- Fleece jacket .
- Warm jacket (down) .
- Sunhat or cap .
- Fleece hat .
- Eyewear – Sunglasses .
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details .
- Sun protection (including total bloc for lips) Factor 20+ .
- Warm Inner ‘thermal’ gloves or mittens .
- Waterproof over-mittens .
- Wash bag and toiletries .
- Small travel towel .
- Antibacterial hand wash .
- Head torch/headlamp with spare batteries .
Included in the price of the package :
- Fully escorted by local mountain guide .
- Transfers to / from High Atlas .
- Gites, family’s homes; Refuge .
- Muleteer and cook .
- All meals for 5 nights/6days in Berber valleys/villages .
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner .
Excluded in the price of package :
- International Flight .
- Travel insurance .
- Tips .
- Drinks and items of a personal nature .
- Additional hotel/raid nights before and after the trek from 25 EUR p/p/ twin/35 EUR single in Marrakech .
Please, use the following form to contact us about any information you May need. If you didn't get our reply within 12 hours please use our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org